The Prairie Elephant is the eight episode of the fourth season of Rawhide. It first aired on November 17, 1961.
A lost circus with an elephant and lion is scaring the herd and horses. Favor sends Wishbone to guide the circus to their destination. Wishbone becomes involved in a fiery romantic triangle as he guides them to Brailey. - Source: IMDb.com
- Eric Fleming as Gil Favor
- Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates - credit only
- Sheb Wooley as Pete Nolan
- Paul Brinegar as Wishbone
- James Murdock as Mushy
- Steve Raines as Jim Quince
- Rocky Shahan as Joe Scarlet
- Robert Cabal as Hey Soos
- Britt Lomond as Dario
- Billy Barty as Shorty
- Laurie Mitchell as Rosette
- Mickey Morton as Orlando
- Maxine Gates as Fat Lady
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Produced by: Endre Bohem
- Rawhide Theme Created and Composed by: Dimitri Tiomkin
- Lyrics by: Ned Washington
- Recorded by: Frankie Laine
- Story Consultant: Lou Morheim
- Production Manager: Harry Templeton
- Director of Photography: John M. Nickolaus, Jr.
- Art Directors: John B. Goodman and George W. Davis
- Set Decoration: Budd S. Friend
- Assistant Director: Kurt Neumann, Jr.
- Film Editor: George Gittens, A.C.E.
- Music Supervision: Don Ray
- Casting: Russel Trost
- Recording Supervisor: Franklin Milton
- Sound Mixer: Fred D. Faust
- Titles by: Pacific Title
"Filmed at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios | A CBS Television Network production"