The Long Shakedown is the third episode of the fourth season of Rawhide. It first aired on October 13, 1961.
Favor pushes the men hard to shake out those who won't make it. This time the old hands may be the ones who can't cut it compared to a group of young and eager hands he hired. The old hands quit and the new hands show how green they are. - Source: IMDb.com
- Eric Fleming as Gil Favor
- Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates
- Sheb Wooley as Pete Nolan
- Paul Brinegar as Wishbone
- James Murdock as Mushy
- Steve Raines as Jim Quince
- Rocky Shahan as Joe Scarlet
- Robert Cabal as Hey Soos
- Lew Gallo as Haskell
- Don Harvey as Collins
- Jay Douglas as Frank
- Ed Faulkner as Lobey
- Kelly Dobson as Drover #3
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Produced by: Endre Bohem
- Rawhide Theme Created and Composed by: Dimitri Tiomkin
- Lyrics by: Ned Washington
- Recorded by: Frankie Laine
- Story Consultant: Lou Morheim
- Production Manager: Harry Templeton
- Director of Photography: John M. Nickolaus, Jr.
- Art Directors: John B. Goodman and George W. Davis
- Set Decorations: Budd S. Friend
- Assistant Director: Kurt Neumann, Jr.
- Film Editor: James Baiotto
- Music Supervision: Bill Barnett
- Casting: Russel Trost
- Recording Supervisor: Franklin Milton
- Sound Mixer: Fred D. Faust
- Titles by: Pacific Title
"Filmed at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios"