The Gunfighter is the first episode of the third and last season of How the West Was Won. It first aired on January 15, 1979.
Rancher Henry Coe hires a professional gunman to drive the Macahans off what he considers to be his property. Frank Grayson ingratiates himself with the Macahans, but Josh recognizes him as the gunman once hired to kill Luke. - Source: wikipedia.org
The Family MacahanEdit
- James Arness as Zeb
- Fionnula Flanagan as Molly Culhane
- Bruce Boxleitner as Luke
- Kathryn Holcomb as Laura
- William Kirby Cullen as Josh
- Vicki Schreck as Jessie
- Jared Martin as Frank Grayson
- Morgan Woodward as Henry Coe
- Jacqueline Scott as Mrs. Ferguson
- Burton Gilliam as Cory Nealson
- Richard Wright as Glen Nealson
- Dave Cass as Dave Nichols
- Dan Monahan as Tim Ferguson
- Neil Flanagan as Farmer Henry
- Peter Bourne as Farmer Olaf
- Kerry Sherman as Cathy Ferguson
- Harlan Green as Bartender
- Sab Shimono as Cook
- Ed McCready as Charlie
- Richard Lockmiller as Beecher
- Justin Lundin as Youth
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Directed by: Vincent McEveety
- Written by: Ron Bishop & Steve Hayes
- Executive Story Consultant: Calvin Clements
- Producer: John G. Stephens
- Executive Producer: John Mantley
- Director of Photography: Edward R. Plante
- Art Director: Arch Bacon
- Edited by: Gregory Prance
- Unit Production Manager: Hal Klein
- Assistant Director: Michael N. Kusley
- 2nd Assistant Director: Mary Lou MacLaury
- Associate Producer: John A. Fegan, Jr.
- Developed for Television by: Albert S. Ruddy and Jim Byrnes
- Music by: Bruce Broughton
- Theme by: Jerrold Immel
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Set Decorator: Herman N. Schoenbrun
- Music Editor: Scott Perry, Jr.
- Sound Editor: Thomas C. McCarthy
- Property Master: Earl W. Huntoon, Jr.
- Sound: Gene Garvin & Hal Watkins, C.A.S.
- Script Supervisor: John C. Dutton
- Men's Wardrobe: Bob Magahay
- Women's Wardrobe: Gilda Craig
- Makeup: Richard Cobos & Tony Lane
- Hairdressers: Joan Phillips & Mary Hadley
- Casting: Pam Polifroni
- Action Coordinator: Richard A. Lundin
- Stunt Coordinator: Ben Bates
- Special Effects: Bill Balles
- "Charles M. Russell Paintings Courtesy of:
- C. M. Russell Museum, Great Falls, Montana
- Mackay Gallery, Montana Historical Society
- Brown & Bigelow, A Saxon Company"
- "Filmed in METROCOLOR | Titles and Opticals MGM | Panaflex Camera and Lenses by PANAVISION"
- "A John Mantley Production"
- "In Association With MGM Television"