The Golden Door is the twenty-fourth episode of the first season of The Virginian. It first aired on March 13, 1963.
An immigrant is jailed for murder. The bias against him adds to the Judge's difficulty defending him. He is found not guilty but when another man is arrested for the crime, his conscience catches up with him as he learns more about US law. - Source: IMDb.com
- Lee J. Cobb (as Judge Henry Garth)
- Doug McClure (as Trampas)
- Gary Clarke (as Steve Hill) - credit only
- James Drury as The Virginian
- Russell Thorson as Sheriff Evans
- Donald Barry as Shorty Downs
- Lew Brown as Hank
- John Bryant as The Doctor
- Bobs Watson as Jeremy, The Hotel Clerk
- Henry Hunter as The Banker
- and John Hoyt as Judge Wickersham
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Executive Producer: Roy Huggins
- Produced by: Warren Duff
- Teleplay by: Maxwell Shane
- Story by: Thomas Fitzroy & Maxwell Shane
- Directed by: John Brahm
- Virginian Theme: Percy Faith
- Director of Photography: John L. Russell, A.S.C.
- Supervising Producer: Frank Price
- Art Director: George Patrick
- Film Editor: Edward Haire, A.C.E.
- Editorial Dept. Head: David J. O'Connell
- Musical Supervision: Stanley Wilson
- Set Decorators: John McCarthy and James M. Walters
- Color Consultant: Alex Quiroga
- Color Processing by: Consolidated Film Industries
- Assistant Director: Jack Doran
- Sound: Lyle Cain
- Costume Supervisor: Vincent Dee
- Makeup: Leo Lotito, Jr.
- Hair Stylist: Florence Bush
"The title 'The Virginian' by permission of EMKA, LTD."