Incident of the Hostages is the twenty-seventh episode of the fifth season of Rawhide. It first aired on April 19, 1963.
Taking in three White children kidnapped by passing Arapahos puts the fatherly drovers in peril. Longing to return to the Apaches who raised them after white men killed their settler parents, Yellow Sky and her younger siblings resist the drovers' every step toward turning them over to authorities in the next town. Arapahos seized the children from the Apaches during tribal warfare. Widower Gil, who misses his two daughters, expects gratitude for a noble act, but the Apache chief, Ulzana, wants the children back and will fight the drovers for them, if necessary. - Source: IMDb.com
- Eric Fleming as Gil Favor
- Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates
- Paul Brinegar as Wishbone
- Charles Gray as Clay Forrester - credit only
- James Murdock as Mushy
- Steve Raines as Jim Quince
- Rocky Shahan as Joe Scarlet
- Robert Cabal as Hey Soos
- Rodolfo Acosta as Arapahoe Leader
- William Thompkins as Toothless
- Joseph Perry as Ulzana
- Naomi Stevens as Natana
- Tony Haig as "Running Dog"
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Produced by: Vincent M. Fennelly
- Rawhide Theme Created and Composed by: Dimitri Tiomkin
- Lyrics by: Ned Washington
- Recorded by: Frankie Laine
- Story Consultant: Paul King
- Production Manager: Harry Templeton
- Director of Photography: Jack Swain
- Art Director: John B. Goodman
- Set Decorator: Donald E. Webb
- Assistant Director: Kurt Neumann, Jr.
- Film Editor: James Baiotto
- Music Supervision: Leon Klatzkin
- Casting: Russel Trost
- Music Editor: Gene Feldman
- Sound Effects: Gene Eliot, M.P.S.E.
- Property Master: Anthony Bavero
- Sound Mixer: Stephen J. Bass
- Make-up: Ernie Park
"Produced by The CBS Television Network"