Incident at Deadhorse: Part 1 is the first part of the first Rawhide episode to air in two parts. It first aired on April 16, 1964 as twenty-sixth episode of the sixth season.
The leading citizen of Deadhorse, New Mexico is sentenced to hang but no one wants him hanged. Rowdy finds a man buried under stones still alive. After he saves Hey Soos from a snake bite, Wishbone and Mushy learn in town he is the hangman. - Source: IMDb.com
- James Murdock as Mushy
- Steve Raines as Jim Quince
- Rocky Shahan as Joe Scarlet
- Robert Cabal as Hey Soos
- William Thompkins as Toothless
Special Guest StarEdit
- Broderick Crawford as "Jud Hammerklein"
- Chill Wills as "Sheriff Asa Tanner"
- Robert Middleton as "Judge John Jefferson Hogan"
- Paul Carr as "Mark Hammerklein"
- Hampton Fancher as "Jake Hammerklein"
- Hugh Sanders as "Deputy Ef Wiley"
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Produced by: Vincent M. Fennelly
- Rawhide Theme Created and Composed by: Dimitri Tiomkin
- Lyrics by: Ned Washington
- Recorded by: Frankie Laine
- Associate Producer: Paul King
- Production Manager: Harry Templeton
- Music Composed and Conducted by: Leon Klatzkin
- Director of Photography: Jack Swain
- Art Director: John B. Goodman
- Set Decorator: Donald E. Webb
- Assistant Director: Dick Gallegly
- Film Editor: George Gittens, A.C.E.
- Casting: Russel Trost
- Music Editor: Gene Feldman
- Sound Effects: Gene Eliot, M.P.S.E.
- Property Master: Anthony Bavero
- Sound Mixer: Stephen J. Bass
- Make-up: Don Schoenfeld
"A CBS Television Network Production | Filmed at CBS Studio Center, Studio City, California"