Convict Town is the first episode of the first and only season of Whiplash. It first aired on February 18, 1961.
...in 1797 prisoners from the jails of London, mostly guilty of only petty or political crimes - were deported to desolate Botany Bay.
Descendants of these convicts still lived in the bush in 1840 when Christopher Cobb, an American, came to establish a stage line and lived to become a legend.
Tom Ledward rules his settlement with a rod of iron much to his son, Dan Ledward, distaste and is determined to stop Cobb opening a new stage route. - Source: IMDb.com
- Anthony Wickert as Dan Ledward
- Alex Cann as Tom Ledward
- John Fegan as Garth
- Ron Williams as Quint
- Noanie Rothsey as Sally
- Kenneth Goodlet as Mike Jacky
- John Armstrong as Storekeeper
- Phillip Ross as Matthews
Crew (and other credits)Edit
- Production Supervisor: Ted Holliday
- Musical Director: Edwin Astley
- Director of Photography: Ross Wood
- Supervising Editor: G. Turney-Smith
- Editor: Don Saunders
- Assistant Director: David Eastman
- Art Director: Peter Mullins
- Sound: Don Connolly
- Horsemaster: Lionel Ware
- Town Site by Courtesy of: Savoy Corporation, Limited, Sydney
- Produced by: Artransa Studios Australia; for ATV
- "An ITC World Wide Distribution"